LEISURE, CULTURAL EVENTS
- Evening parties, concerts, lectures on art and biographies of famous people, presentation of the rehabilitation center art gallery.
- Lectures to the guests of the rehabilitation center on prevention and treatment of different diseases.
- Plein air event “M.K.Čiurlionis Days” organized by the group of artists from Druskininkai “3X”.
- International pianists’, violinists’ and chamber orchestra music festivals: “Music without Borders”.
- “Druskininkai Summer with M.K.Čiurlionis”.
There are always different cultural events in the town.
PLACES TO VISIT, TOURS
RAIGARDAS VALLEY (Lithuanian: RAIGARDO SLĖNIS) - a landscape Reserve in theNemunasRiver valley which formed about 5 thousand years ago.
LIŠKIAVA – architectural monuments of national importance – a church with a monastery, a mound, a stone with a “Bull’s foot”.
DZŪKIJA NATIONAL PARK – the largest national park in Lithuania, covering a territory of 55 900 ha.
DRUSKININKAI TOWN MUSEUM – exhibitions of works or art, books, items related to the history of the town and surrounding territories, Lithuanian, Polish and Byelorussian archival materials on Druskininkai resort.
M.K.ČIURLIONIS MEMORIAL MUSEUM – the house where M.K.Čiurlionis (1875-1911) spet his childhood with the authentic atmosphere. There are exhibited the works of the artist and the things reflecting his biography and family history.
V.K.JONYNAS GALLERY – Exposition of works of artist Vytautas Kazimieras Jonynas (1907-1997): drawings, graphic works, paintings, sculptures, designs of stained-glass windows.
SMALL GALLERY – expositions of works of modern Lithuanian and foreign artists. Here the international plein air event “M.K.Čiurlionis Days” is organized by the group of artists “3X”.
STONE SCULPTURE PARK – opened in 2000 in memory of Ž.Lipšicas. Thirteen sculptures made during the symposia decorate the park of “Draugystės sanatorija”. The sculptures have been made by V.Narutis, A.Vytėnas, A.Balkė, G.Žilys, M.Šlektavičius, A.Šnaras, M.Lukošius, S.Širvinskas, G.Mažintas, K.Venclova, A.Ališanka (www.skulpturuparkas.puslapiai.lt).
GRŪTAS PARK – the monuments of the Soviet era brought from different cities of Lithuania arranged in the shadows of firs and pines.
WINDMILL – a windmill built by a folk artist A.Česnulis, unique wooden buildings and exposition of carvings.
FOREST HOUSE “GIRIOS AIDAS” – exposition of animal and bird hollows.
DRUSKININKAI TOURISM AND INFORMATION CENTRE – provides information about Druskininkai and places to visit here and accommodation; provides other tourism services.
- Sightseeing tour of Druskininkai,DzūkijaNational Park, a boat trip to Liškiava, excursions to the capital of Lithuania Vilnius, Trakai.
- Bicycle and pedestrian paths: “Sun Path”, “Stellar Orbit”, “Path of Žilvinas” allow enjoying the picturesque nature of the resort.
Water activities with kayaks and catamarans.